We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Media Player on Windows 7

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have changed from XP to Windows 7 and want to use Windows Media Player to burn to a CD but it looks completely different.I used to be able to drag and drop music tracks.There is no copy to CD Tab so how does it work.There is also the following message Windows Media Player is not configured for the internet how do I find the internet connection wizardProbl

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Have a look at this and see if it helps...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265494

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

PS There is a a tab on the player for creating a CD ..... " BURN "

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi iscanut I clicked on your link and followed all the instructions for internet connection but the message still appears when I select media player

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I wonder if it is worth going back to the previous version. Worth a try so download from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8163

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Windows Media Player has a good help section and a worthwhile read.

With the music library open then look to the right and you should see three tabs Play, Burn and Sync. Burn is the one you want.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

iscanut's link applies to earlier versions of WMP.

Have a read of Answers MS

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Still having problems using Windows Media Player on Windows 7 My wife has Media Player on her laptop which runs XP.When she clicks on it she gets the following tabs down the L/H side Now Playing Media Guide Copy from CD Media Library Radio Tuner Copy to CD or Device This is completely different to what I get which is. At the top left to right Library Playlists Untitled Playlist

It is a completely different screen I did download WindowsMedia Player 9 Series SDK but not sure what thatb does.Also downloaded that on my wifes Laptop but she still gets the same screen.Is it possible to get the same as she gets even if I am using windows 7 and not XP

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Sorry, but I think you are wasting your time trying to get WMP on Win7 - I have wasted many days trying the same after changing from XP to Win7, none of the so-called fixes found via Google and/or Microsoft work at all. I HAVE GIVEN UP, something I thought I would never say on this forum!

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

What is the main difference between what I am now getting on Windows 7 and what I used to get on XP

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 0

http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

If all you want is to burn a CD.

VLC for video and Winamp or Media Monkey or many others for music.

There really is no need for Windows Media Player unless you have an "N" version of Windows 7 and need to connect an Android phone using the MTP protocol.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?