We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Script error

redsusan

Likes # 0

Help Please this is driving me mad. when trying to go on a web site i keep getting script error message i've tried clicking yea and know but it still appears on the next web page . Ive tried resetting through internet options- advanced and making sure the right boxes are checked what elese can i try. HP pavillion notebook 64 bit windows home primium 7 service pack 1

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

If you go to internet options then the advanced tabs there you just untick the box that says "display a notification for every script error.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try turning Java Script off in your Browser

Like this post
Kev.Ifty

Likes # 0

Hi redsusan

Re read the message you are getting and then respond to that question. I willing to bet the answer isnt yea or know!

Like this post
redsusan

Likes # 0

Hi and thanks for the replies. but none worked. any more suggestions please

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Try using Chrome instead of IE.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Troubleshooting guide here.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

dr yes

No good turning off Javascript, it'll break 95% of sites you visit.

where do you get that figure? if I turn it off in my browser I can use most sites without it and this site works best without it

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Java Script is also a security risk, so its better turned off if you can manage without it

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger