We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do I update Amd Athlon drivers

chicbell

Likes # 0

I have been told my Amd Athlon(tm)dualcore 5000 processers drivers are out of date how do I update my PC is 4 yrs old and runs XP

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Who or what says your drivers are out of date?

Are you having any problems?

Updating drivers is something that is only require if you are having problems or need to access a different facility in a device.

Like this post
chicbell

Likes # 0

I was told by a free scan which said my drivers were ancient and tried to sell me software which I refused chicbel

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

These free scans invariably tell you that your drivers are old but this is to try to get you to buy their product. Ignore unless you are experiencing problems.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Agree with Woolwell they want you to pay for something you don't need (which was why I asked in the first place).

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

if your pc is working ok why create problems by trying programs that only want you to tip up £££££££££££££££ to do nothing other than mess up your pc

Like this post
chicbell

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the help I suspectedas much

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...