We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bing toolbar on windows 7 sony vaio E5 laptop

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have just bought a Sony Vaio E5 laptop with windows 7 and pre-installed Bing toolbar, I want to add the little custom ap. icons for sites I use alot like PCadvisor, ebay, hotmail, yahoo etc., etc., - I run a yahoo homepage on my Windows XP laptop, so my question is: do I have to uninstall the Bing toolbar and how can I install a toolbar that will allow me to add (simply) the little custom ap. icons? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which browser are your using - IE9? The bing toolbar is probably not relevant to what you want to do. No need to change it. Are you requiring a toolbar with icons to your favorite sites? If so in IE9 right click near the top and select Favorites bar.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

So what browser are we talking about? IE9 presumably as you mention BING which is MS?

see bookmarks here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If using IE9 read How to manage your favorites

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Thanks I managed to un-install the Bing toolbar and download yahoo toolbar (whcih I much prefer and add the custom ap. icons to the top toolbar) It is an IE9 system. Incidentally I had put on one of my own photos onto the desktop, but it doesnt fill the whole screen, there are two black edges at the sides, the photo I used fills the 15.6" screen fine on my Acer laptop but leaves the two black bars at the side of this Vaio laptop, the photo is 286kb I cant find the dimensions of the photo in properties just says it is 286kb jpeg - what can I do to make the photo fit the entire screen?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"what can I do to make the photo fit the entire screen??"

Right-click and empty area of the Desktop and choose "Personalize". At the bottom of the window, click on "Desktop Background". In the "Picture Position" drop-down list-box at the bottom, experiment with the "Fill", "Fit" or "Stretch" options and click "Save Changes" when you're done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...