We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet explorer 9 not loading upto date pages

cream.
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all helpers. Running windows 7 32bit pro. Use browsers IE9, chrome and very rarely firefox. All microsoft updates are well, up to date.

The only problem I have with IE9 is it never loads an upto date current page. If I were to start the browser and pick PCA, it would load the page from the last time I visited the website.

History and cookies are auto deleted on exit. So strangley it does not fetch the current page but load the old one.

AV is upto date and a scan shows a clean system.

There used to be a tab in the old Internet Explorer tools section to always search for a current page, but can not find it at the mo.

Hope this makes sense.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"The only problem I have with IE9 is it never loads an upto date current page. If I were to start the browser and pick PCA, it would load the page from the last time I visited the website........History and cookies are auto deleted on exit."

The old pages you're seeing are coming from your Temporary Internet Files. Anyhow, I'm hoping this will solve your problem - go into Internet Options, and in the "Browsing History" section under the "General" tab, click the "Settings" button. Where it says "Check for newer versions of stored pages", make sure the dot is in "Automatically". Click OK if you make any changes.

Like this post  
cream.

Likes # 0

dr yes

I have start with home page.

Secret-Squirrel

Thank you. That was the setting I wanted.

Job done. :-)

Like this post
cream.

Likes # 0

Sorry. I can't get the green tick to work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes