We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How can I add askmefast to my toolbar?

Dougster919

Likes # 0

I am working my way up as an expert on the ask me fast website. I am answering military questions (my area of expertise) but I am not technical. I would like to be able to just click on a button in my toolbar at the top of my browser and be directed to askmefast.com instead of typing it each time. I click on the little star on the right in chrome but I don't see it added to the bar of sites at the top of my browser. It might be full or something cause the same sites show all the time and new ones never show up. Please help.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Add it as a bookmark and dock the bookmark barsee here

Like this post
LaurenHacke

Likes # 1

It is very easy. I can walk you right through to your solution Dougster. First, see the 3 lines at the top right hand of your chrome browser? It is right below the red X.
1)Click that 3 line button. 2)A drop down menu will appear then hold your mouse over the 4th selection called Bookmarks.
3)Another menu will appear. Click "show bookmark bar" Ensure there is a check mark there. 4)A grey bar will appear just below your URL bar 5)type in askmefast.com on url bar 6)click and drag the askmefast logo over to your grey bookmark bar 7)A lightning bolt will appear on your bookmark bar. Click that and you will immediately be bough to your website.

I hope this helps, Let me know how it works for you.

Like this post
Dougster919

Likes # 0

Works! Great. Thank you so much!

Like this post
LaurenHacke

Likes # 0

No problem, this website is great for tips and pointers. I've received so much help on pcadvisor that I feel duty bound to help others out. Lauren

Like this post
Mike Norris 4

Likes # 0

I just googled this exact question of how to add askmefast to my toolbar and LaurenHacke explained it perfectly. It worked the first try and I really appreciate your help. I also work with askmefast.com and wanted a button on my toolbar so I can easily access the sight.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\, Is it just me that's left wondering why all these first time posters came here to find out (and congratulate each other) - when they could have asked an expert on askmefast.com

call me a cynic..

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

lotvic

Spam can be peddled in many guises!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

SillBill, yes dear, do try to keep up with the undercurrents. (just have a quiet chuckle or lol at the undertone of a regulars post- no need to state the obvious to show you have understood - it kinda spoils the 'WT.... effect)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)