We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Zoomstorm PC

fallenarch

Likes # 0

I have only had this pc since october this year not had problem since yesterday when it opens up on the screen all I am getting is this......... start PXE over IPV4 then goes to this PXE E18 server responce time out then PXE over IPV6. If I wait 2 mins starts up as normal would like some advice of what do I need to do to sort it out? thank you

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Probably your server not responding.If using a modem are all the lights on that are supposed to be on.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or if you have a modem or modem/router shut it off for 10 seconds and then start it again.See if that helps.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I assumed it was looking for the correct ISP details.Not sure about IPv6 as most computers use IPv4.

If you give us your ISP name it might help others help you.

Like this post
fallenarch

Likes # 0

Hi Jock1e I am on virginmedia

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I take it you are on one of those Superhubs then.Have you tried switching it off for 10 seconds and on again.

I also have one but there is no IPv6 on the connection details.

Not sure if unticking IPv6 would help or make matters worse.

I sometimes get problems with my connections but it usually fixes itself out within 24 hours.

You could try here and see if any service faults.

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Or sign in here for help and advice if you cannot get the advice that you need on here.

http://community.virginmedia.com/

I find there forum very good and have had some good help from it.

Like this post
fallenarch

Likes # 0

thank you i will try it see what happens

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

fallenarch, I take it you're seeing this message immediately after switching on the PC and well before Windows starts. If that's the case then the PC is trying to boot using a network connection. When that fails, it eventually boots from the PC's hard disk and Windows starts normally. To rectify this, go into the PC's BIOS and check the "Boot Order". Make sure that network boot is the last item in the list.

If the thought of this makes you at all anxious then try phoning your PC manufacturer who should be able to talk you through it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September