We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Screen Shots

K*B
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello friends, how do I create a screen shot? Do I need a special program installed on my laptop to do so, or I can indeed get a screen shot using my OS? My laptop runs on MS Vista Home Basic. Please help. Thanks.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Have a look at the free Fastone Capture.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

On W/7 you could use the Snipping tool to create a screen shot not sure about Vista whether that has it or not.

Not sure if it was in accessories or all programs.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like it is in accessories.Snipping Tool

Or like Tullie says Fastone Capture will do the trick as well.

There are others and no doubt someone will so maybe wait and see what is on offer.

Then of course if you wanted to put a screenshot on here you would also have to use the likes of Photobucket.

Not sure if there is one program that can do both.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You should have a key about third from the right top row - covered in dust 'co it's never used - with Prt Scr on it. Press that and then paste into a document or a blank picture.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As wiz-king, then open paint and use the paste icon top left. Can get a bit confusing as it will show the whole desktop as is and you might not realize it's a screen shot :). To take a screen shot of only sections then use the snipping tool.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

AS wiz-king but use Alt+Print Screen. This limits the shot to the current window rather than the whole screen.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Try Gadwin, scroll down for the free download version..it does work ! http://www.gadwin.com/download/

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

MW Snap MW Snap

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, but where is Print Screen? Is it a key on the keyboard or where is it? I can't see it on my keyboard. Thanks.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Use this,very simple and free. Screehunter.

Printscreen.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features