We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

one laptop will not connect to belkin

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I cannot connect to the belkin F6D4630-4-V2 via my old laptop, it has xp on it. I have removed the existing preferred networks, changed the router to 'security mode' disabled (in case security errors) still no luck

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

have you tried the belkin helpline they are very good.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

also a message comes up when I do the repair wireless co......: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Connecting to the wireless network...For assistance, contact the person who manages your network.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

i don't want the helpline as they can ruin all the other connections I have and the router works fine.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"I cannot connect"

What happens exactly Andy? There are lots of possible causes for your problem so it will help (and save time)if you start by giving us step-by-step details on what you're doing and what the end result is.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

it just will not connect, I even made the security less to 64 bit and even no security. I even changed the name of the router to fing the new name?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

OK, I'll try a different approach. When you "View Available Wireless Networks", do you see your wireless network name? If not, then do you see any others (such as your neighbour's)? If you get a message saying that none could be found, and you're using a built-in wireless adapter, then make sure it's switched on.

Or are you saying that you can establish a wireless connection but you're unable to get an Internet connection?

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I see the name of mine ok. Wireless is def switched on, when I log into router on my desktop and change the name the laptop even picks up the new name, so def finding the router

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

i plugged it in direct, worked perfect, but as soon as I try wireless no luck. by the way it is an old HP pavillion zd7000 on xp home edition.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015