We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Power director 10 why wont it work!

Cav1

Likes # 0

I have just bought Power Director 10 I installed it but when I try to use it I can't get it to capture a video tape,it's just stuck on microphone I had PD 4 and it has always worked so I know how to use it, but this one just sends error messages Mini Dump.dmp and crashrpt.xml and error PDR10.exe. when I look at control panel add and remove, Power director 10 is there but no size, I can't remove it, hope someone out there can tell me what's going on, PLEASE

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

woodchip I'm not sure what to do about regedit had a look but it frightened the life out of me, really don't know what I was looking for? thanks for your help I am sure that I will get there,

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think you should follow the steps as per Lazarus The 2nd's link What can I do when CyberLink PowerDirector 10 crashes? Click here it tells you what to do about Quicktime.

Maybe if you reinstall PowerDirector then you'll get back the uninstall facility or maybe it will repair the mess.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to Run type regedit press enter, then click on the my computer icon top right to select as starting point, next go to Edit in the Menu at the top of page click on find, type in what you are looking for then press enter, Delete what it finds do not touch anything else in regedit next press F3 to go to next and delete, you have to go through the above till it gets to the end then, click back on Mt Computer at the top before closing regedit so that next time you open it to do any of the above it will start at the starting blocks not half way through.

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip will try that and get back to you thanks

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

I have done what you said,but will have to leave it till tomorrow to re install PD. Fingers crossed!! will let you know the result. thanks again

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

I have installed power director again, and still got the same problem I thought it was going to be okay as it was recording the sound but no picture. it wont let me open any device its either Tv or Microphone or disc. I can't highlight on any other like camcorder, I am really struggling with this one

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Going back to your other post,

How is the video recorder/VHS player connected to your Medion PC,

USB, Firewire, PC TV Card, A Video Grabber, Make and Model Please..

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

Not sure Lazarus The 2nd. It's red white and yellow at both ends from the video recorder a scart plug with the red white yellow leads in and into the front of my tower, I've used this all the time and never had any problems. I don't know the technical name for the connection. I put my computer on this afternoon and found I have no sound, I put a disc in to see if that would work but nothing.it was working yesterday, don't know if it's all from the same problem or just my luck something else has gone wrong. hope you can make sense of this. thanks for taken the time.

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

Have got sound back, I did System restore but it only plays cd in Nero show time, not in Windows media player that's a different problem. still have to sort my Power Director 10

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you checked for exclamation marks in device manager as per when you fixed it in your other thread? The same problem seems to have happened again.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/20/beginners-tech-help/4193292/help--computer-doesnt-recognize-video-device/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch Sony Xperia Z3 launch live video: press conference IFA 2014

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Alienware's Area-51 gaming desktop reborn as a powerful Haswell-E-packing triangle

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September