We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT and Plusnet Modems

Newuser939

Likes # 0

I am currently with BT for telephone and broadband, but could get a similar package from Plusnet for about £6 a month less.However, I see that BT claim that the Home Hub is worth £99 but Plusnet only claim that their router is worth half that. There must be differences between them, but would I notice those differences in practice?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Yes it is Bald Eagle.

Like this post
bobpullen

Likes # 0

Hi there,

The router we ship is a Thomson 582n. There are subtle differences between it and the Home Hub but I doubt you'd notice. Having said that, you're free to use your own router if you want anyway.

My opinion is biased of course but if you have any questions about the service then I'd be happy to help.

In case you didn't know, we released Unlimited today too! :) - http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/12/19/unlimited-broadband-is-here/

Best regards,

Bob Pullen Plusnet Digital Care.

Like this post
Newuser939

Likes # 0

A question for Bob Pullen.

Thank you for that information. I have had a look at the offers on your web site and have one question. If I am perfectly happy with my current provider for line rental and calls but simply want to change broadband provider, is that possible? My impression from your web site is that if I wanted broadband from Plusnet, I would have to transfer my line rental as well.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"The router we ship is a Thomson 582n."

Thanks for that Bob. I obviously misread the OP's post as I thought he wanted a Home Hub which I found surprising as I've never seen them available as one of your routers despite Plusnet being owned by BT now.

Newuser, on the Plusnet "Packages" page, click the "Broadband Only" tab at the top. You don't need to switch from BT to get broadband from Plusnet.

Like this post
bobpullen

Likes # 0

@Newuser939, you can continue to pay your existing provider for your line rental and just move your broadband service to us - http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/ You'll pay a one-off £25 activation fee though.

@Secret-Squirrel, no we've never supplied a Home Hub although the newer iterations will work on a Plusnet-provisioned line.

Best regards,

**Bob Pullen Plusnet Digital Care**

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers