We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are ‘wireless headphones’ worth it?

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

I am confident that whilst this is not – technically - the area to ask the following questions, there are so many knowledgeable people who visit this forum that someone might – just might - know the answer, as I do not know where else to go!

At the start of next month it will be six years since we bought our television. A Philips 32” flat screen model number 32PF75310/10 – at least I think that that is the model number. I am 70 next year and getting a little deaf and keep on turning the volume up, which is annoying the wife, although she doesn’t complain too often. What I am thinking of doing is purchasing some ‘wireless headphones’.

The first question is : where do I connect these? There appear to be 3 possibilities, but some state ‘audio in’!! This includes on the side where you insert the headphone connection, which – being very, very ignorant of these matters – I would have thought that ‘audio out’ would be. So does anyone have any idea which outlet(s) I should use?

The second question is : does anyone have any experience of using these? Are they worth it? And if they are worth using, any ideas as to which would be a good/reasonable one to buy?

Any ideas/help/advice on either of the above questions would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You will need to read the manual for the TV as plugging in headphones often mutes the speakers

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Have a look at these: TV ears. My partner had these and found them very good. But as her hearing deteriorated further she has the sub titles on now.

But I think any wireless headphones will work.I would not worry about connecting them to your TV as you will have all the necessary sockets and they come with instructions as to where to plug them.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I use a cheap £20 set of silvercrest from Lidal

Use an adaptor from the Audio out L R to a stereo socket. enter link description here base unit plugs into the socket

Wife can have sound as low as she wants and I can have as loud as I need.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I think your TV is similar to the one shown in this manual Click Here and if so if you scroll down to Section 8 it will show you how to Connect Devices. Looking at the block of connectors the first 3 are marked AV1,2 and 3 and just next to them are the Audio Left (white) and Audio Right (red) output connectors. It is these you need to connect to your wireless headphone box using a connector as suggested by Fruit Bat /\0/. I have the same headphones and connector as he does and it works perfectly.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Good afternoon, gentlemen,

To say I am overwhelmed with your replies is simplistic and glib response, but one that in this case is absolutely true.

Thank you all because I was hoping that someone might tell me where to look was the best I thought I would get, but your replies mean that I have some very careful thinking to do.

Many, many thanks to everyone.

PS I will post this in both questions. Housten.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers