We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to print different size photos

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have scanned some photos onto my external drive and would like to print them on photo paper.When I right click on them and select print there are eseveral sizes to choose from ie 13x18,20x25,10x15 etc I presume these are centimetres.My photos are mostly 6x4 inches.The only photo paper I have at pesent is A4 size.Can I get the size to fit and if so what am I looking for and how do I load that size paper into the tray.My printer is a Brother DCP-J315W

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

This article was published by PCA a while back but may answer your question.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Your 6"x4" will be 10x15 on conversion. if you select that, that is what you will get on an A4 sheet of paper, unless you have a software program that will 'size' your prints to other formats.

Using other size photo paper, you may need to adjust your tray on the printer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you are talking about Windows Photo Printing Wizard - no matter what size you choose the photo to be it will be printed on a A4 sheet if that is what your printer preferences page size is set to.

If you click on the size '10x15cm cutout prints cropped and rotated' that equals each pic 4"x6" and will fit three photos onto one A4 sheet. If you choose '10x15cm album prints' it fits two pics on each A4 sheet. (so if you have selected to print 4 pics you will need two A4 sheets)

You should get a preview of how they are going to fit on the A4 sheet when you click on your selected layout.

It's always good practice to print out on plain paper first to check it's ok before you use the more expensive photo paper.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If your pics are 6 x 4 and you've only got A4 photo paper, you could paste them into a Word document and print two pictures on one sheet of paper. Word will allow you to resize your images on the page to fit.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Open in Irfranview, got to file > print > select the size you want to print. You can load smaller sizes of paper into you printer by moving the paper guides marked 'photo' on the top of the paper tray and selecting that tray.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia