We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Full Screen Image too Large

Likes # 0

I have installed Win 7 on a Dell Dimension with an Acer AL1916 screen. However when I go to full screen on a Firefox page for example, the image is too wide for the screen! I can shift it left/right a bit by the LCD controls, but always an edge is off the visible display. The same occurs on all full screen pages including Desktop. I have installed Win7 on several other computers and laptops with no such problem. It all was normal when XP was running on the same rig. Most peculiar! Any ideas on how to fix this annoying problem?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks,Fruit Bat /\0/\ The 'oversize' is literally about 2-3mm, but that is enough to halve the slider bar on the RHS and half cut the first icon in the bookmarks menu. The screen is already on the correct resolution, but there seems to be no way of small adjustments from 1280x1024 to, say, 1270x1024. Never seen this before!!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

In Firefox try View and set the zoom to whichever size is best.

Or hold down the Ctrl button on the mouse and turn the scroll wheel at the same time to see if that helps.

If none of those help I would tend to agree with Fruit Bat /\0/.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Can you press the restore down button beside the red X at the top.

If so try that and then drag it to fill the screen.

Switch off using the red X.Then open Firefox again and see if it is working properly.

Or right click Firefox in all programs and press properties.Make sure across from run it says normal window in the dropdown box and not maximized.

If you cant get the Toolbar at the top press F11 and see if that helps,if not press F11 again to get back again.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thanks all for your efforts! The problem is not just confined to Firefox, but to Desktop as well - the whole display is about 2-3mm bigger than the monitor screen. I will have to live with it and just keep off full screen and manually enlarge Firefox to fit the visible area. But I have never come across this before, and it seems nobody else has either!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund