We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A Flight Sim Joystick for A Left Hander

redbarron

Likes # 0

Does anyone know where I can find a flight Sim joystick for a left handed person with the throttle lever on the right hand side please.

They seem to be as rare as hens teeth. Manufacturers obviously think the whole world is right handed.

I did own a old Saitek Cyborg 3D gold joystick which was excellent but has now passed away.

Thanks for any help.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Will this do, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Joystick-PS3/dp/B001CXYMFS/ref=sr13?ie=UTF8&qid=1355502737&sr=8-3 , as it has a detachable ergonomic pusher lever ?

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks for trying but it is still all the wrong way round and set up for a right handed person.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

redbarron

I have probably just looked at all possible web sites that you have.

The answer, I suppose, is a yoke and throttle quadrant. From memory I believe they have the throttles on the right.

Whether or not that makes them fully left handed I don't know.

Always promised myself one and now you have set me off again!

I was taught to fly in the left hand seat, stick in left hand throttle on the right.

Whether I could get get used to that again in fs9. Tried it a few times with little success.

In reality Captains and First Officers have to be ambidextrous. (Is that spelt right!!)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Getting expensive here, link, shows designed for both left and right hand.

Trying my best... :(

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you are going for realism in your flight sim and flying a single seat or tandem seat aircraft then the throttle will almost certainly be on the left.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......