We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do i get rid of (sent) e-mails which will not send!

Joanna B

Likes # 0

Hi, I prepared 12 separate e-mails earlier today, 10 of which had a video clip attached. Since then my Windows Live Mail keeps telling me it is sending the e-mails but I then get a message saying "error". I have tried cancelling the send but it doesn't work. I cannot now send out any other e-mails due to this blockage. Is there any way I can delete the e-mails which Windows Live Mail is (still) trying to send? Thanks, Joanna

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Do a normal re-start of your computer and then Delete the wayward emails.

Like this post
Joanna B

Likes # 0

Thanks for quick response and, without sounding too dumb, what do I go into to delete these wayward e-mails once I log on again?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I'm wondering if you click File on Internet Explorer and tick "work offline" then click on the messages whether you will be allowed to delete them.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here, especially LukeShepp's reply.

Like this post
Joanna B

Likes # 0

I have tried logging off and back on again but as soon as I log on, Windows Live Mail starts to try to send the e-mails again.
I have also tried working offline but whether working online or offline, there is no-where I can access these e-mails to even delete them!

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"there is no-where I can access these e-mails to even delete them!"

They should be in WLM's "Outbox".

Have a look in the far left-hand pane where your e-mail folders are such as Inbox, Sent Items etc. The one at the very bottom of that list should be the Outbox so go in and delete those pesky messages. If you can't immediately see the Outbox then you may need to scroll down a bit.

Like this post
Joanna B

Likes # 0

I tried following Luke Shepps response but I got as far as App Data and then Local, but it didn't then give the option of Microsoft/Windows Live.

Like this post
Joanna B

Likes # 0

Thanks Secret Squirrel, I knew it would be something sooooo simple as going to an Outbox. I will know in future!!

Many thanks everyone else for their input.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015