We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot burn WMV to disk

Hetti
Resolved

Likes # 0

I downloaded GAOD Aiseesoft DVD creator with the intention of burning a few WMV files I have on my PC to view on TV. Using a DVD-R disk I got the message "the disk is not correct or there is no disk in the drive" I have not done this before so maybe I doing something wrong any ideas please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Is this message comming up on the TV?

If so did you "finalise" the disc after burning otherwise it will only play on the machne it was burnt on.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

No its the message that pops up when I try to start the "Burn" procedure.

I thought maybe it was the wrong sort of disk, but just guessing as Ive no idea really.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I would be suprised if a modern drive couldnt burn to a DVD -R disc

What is device manager showing the drive as A cd drive or DVD drive?

In Nero you have to select what sort of disk to burn either CD or DVD don't know if your prog is the same.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sometimes these burning/converter programs can be a bit finicky with optical drives. Try rebooting the PC and see if that helps.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Device manager shows DVD/CD Rom drive

Rdave13 I rebooted carried out the procedure again software did its thing, went through 4 stages then showed me the message "Success" but no instrucion to do anything else, so I went to... Computer>devices with removable storage(1)>BD. ROM Drive 702mb of 702 mb free.If I now double click on this I get a window I get a window where it says "Files ready to be written to the disc (1)", but I don't know how I should proceed from here.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

I should have said the file that is "Ready to be written to disc(1)"is called desktop.ini then it has the date(today) in next column it has "Type" that has confiuration setting next to it , then the size of the file in next column.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

"Files ready to be written to the disc (1)", means that you've gone out of the program, Aiseesoft DVD creator, and using Windows' own burner. Have a look here for burning in Windows.. The main program should do it, though, but you must read the help files in Aiseesoft, as I'm sure it will show you how. I'm not familiar with it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The desktop.ini shows if you've unhidden files and folders. Forget that. Have a look at the programs help files.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Thanks guys

I had already looked at user info! but I tried again, still no luck I cannot make head nor tail of it, BUT I forgot I had a free version of Ashampoo burning studio on my laptop, that worked with no problems............... so easy. I will uninstall Aiseesoft now, too complicated for me, lol

Once again thanks

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback. I use the paid for Ashampoo B.S. 11 and it's a great program and a doddle to use. Glad you're sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'