We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

loss of pictures in apps

vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Am quite naive with Pc's, Please, what has gone wrong ? where I used to see adverts in , say E-Bay, now I just get everything in words.. I must have done something silly, please help

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Which browser are you using? Where you used to get a picture do you now get a small red x? Is this happening on all websites?

If you are using Internet Explorer you could go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Multimedia, make sure that "Show Pictures" is ticked. f you have Firefox - Tools, Options, Content, tick Load images automatically.

Like this post
vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Hello difarn, thanks for the reply..I have two browsers Firefox and 'Explorer. The latter is fine , its on firefox where the problem arises. Even this page on PCA is all words .as opposed to 'normal' layout. Have used the Tool-Options-contents, and 'load images automatically is 'ticked'. Thanks again !

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Are you using any add ons such as NoScript or AdBlock?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try in Firefox - View - Page Style and check that Basic Page Style is selected rather than no style.

Like this post
vs6gyrob

Likes # 0

Hello fruitbat, and Woolwell; thanks to you both for the replies// first Woolwell, did a pagestyle check, and thats OK(basic page style ) Fruitbat, yes in 'addons ' I disabled AdBlock- made no difference .. - but-when I clicked 'restart with addons disabled ' (in its safe mode) things behaved normally, for the time being, that is !! Just cannot think what or why things have gone wrong, but then as I said; I am naive PC wise

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone