We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need some help with my first build

TC13

Likes # 0

Im working on my first build, it will be used for browsing, watching and downloading videos as well as gaming. I'll be playing single player only games - most likely exclusively RPGs like fallout 3/vew veags, skyrim and similar titles which i also plan to mod.

My specs are: Intel i5 3570 Quad Core,
. 1155 Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H,
. 12GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 (3 x 4Gb),
. Integrated Sound Card,
. DVD+/- RW - 22X Samsung SATA,
. 1000Gb SATA Hard Drive SATA 3,
. Nvidia GTX650Ti 1024MB,
. TP-link Wireless PCI N adapter TL-WN851N,
. Manufacturer Supplied Cooler,
. Powercool 650W High Efficiency Black PSU, . CiT Vantage Black Midi Gaming Case HD Audio Black Interior 4 Fans Card Reader No PSU Blue,

im just wondering if these parts are compatible (im ordering it to be built and sent from cougar extreme.co.uk so dont worry about me trying to put it together)

whether i will need extra cooling, other than case fans (i dont think i should?)

do i have the correct PSU? (i believe its better to have more Watts than you need?)

-ive also been told that my motherboard is 3x USB 3.0 and my case is 2x USB 2.0. will this mean the available slots are 2.0 or 3.0? and will i have 2, 3 or 5 USB slots? (if any of that is correct haha)

many, MANY thank yous for any input!

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Not sure what your budget is , but this system from scan would certainly suit your needs , and will be correctly matched http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSystem.asp?SystemID=1346 . As to your PSU choice , for the config you are looking for , 650 W is serious overkill ! I run a i7 3770k overclocked , gtx680 sc , liquid cooling , a SSD , a HDD , 6 case fans , sound card and bigfoot network card on a 650 w PSU . %)) w would more than upto the task for you

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

oopsie ! that should be 500W PSU , not %)) ( damn that Caps lock key ! )

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...