We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win Live Mail Freezing Up

highside

Likes # 0

WL Mail freezes up (three times today so far) ie open it and click send/receive for example and it freezes the PC and the timer hangs until I do a Ctr Alt Del & close WLM. The computer is then OK but has to be restarted to make mail work again. I have (paid for) Norton Internet Security and use CC Cleaner. No other PC problems whatsoever. Tried disabling Norton but couldnt prove it was the problem. Also did a repair of WL Essentials. Thanks

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Normally you would have to remove Norton then reinstall it.

Not sure what windows you are using but if W/7 try add remove.Click on Windows Live essentials.If it gives you the choice of repair take that and choose WLM.If it does not give you that choice you have to press delete then you get the choice of a repair.

Hope it works for you it is a long while since I did it.

There were a lot of windows updates since yesterday so maybe download those first to see if that clears it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...