We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No E mail client in Opera

archie330

Likes # 0

I have reloaded Opera browser 11.60 as Opera 12.11 was too buggy and was crashing constantly. However my e mail client - Hotmail will not operate now, everything else seems OK. My OP is Windows 7. Have any of you guys any idea how I can kickstart Hotmail, please?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you double checked that you have entered all the details correctly?

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

Yes, sorry should have been more specific. The in box opens up but when I click on a message nothing happens.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Apparently there was a bug in Opera and the update fixed it ClickHere

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic, but it seems the fix relates to problems with Version 12 of Opera, I reinstated Opera version 11.64 because of other issues. My problem is with this reinstated version.

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic, sorry for appearing a bit thick, but it seems that the fix was for Opera 12 that I got rid of. I'm using Opera 11.64.

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

Thanks for your interest dr yes. I have been to the two links you supplied and carried out their recommendations but to no avail.

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

It's not working in Opera 11.64 but is working fully in Firefox. It seems to me that the problem is caused by me reinstalling an earlier version of Opera 11.64 after unloading Opera 12.11 which was working OK in every respect except that it was buggy and froze from time to time.

The reinstalled Opera 11.64 is working OK except for the e mail problem.

Like this post
archie330

Likes # 0

Thanks for your interest and help, dr yes. I've downloaded the latest version of Firefox and Hotmail is working perfectly so I think I will stick with it for emails etc.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide