We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

mac showng deleated windows writing

jackdouglas7

Likes # 0

Ive just emailed a document to a friend who when he opened it on his mac says its showing header and footer details that I have deleated on my windows desk pc. How do I fully remove these items that the mac picks up as using windows I cant see them anymore to get rid of them ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this a Word document? if so then what version Word are you using?

How did you delete the header and footer details? (What did you do)

Did you re-save the document with your changes before you emailed it? (he may have been able to undo your changes or the emailed doc was the unchanged version)

You could also check what info is saved within the 'Properties' of the document. (In word 2003, Properties is on File menu)

Like this post
jackdouglas7

Likes # 0

Where abouts are you ? I will have to ge them packed and weighed at post office but I dont expect it to be over £15.

Like this post
jackdouglas7

Likes # 0

Sorry about last post got emay and this forum mixed up.

Like this post
jackdouglas7

Likes # 0

Windows 7 office 2010,I just opened header and footers and highlighted and deleted. Ive also added sections and saved the blank document.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you deleted any information (that you had previously put in) in the headers and footers and then saved the document, and then emailed it there wouldn't have been any info in the headers and footers for him to see.. Had you previously put information in the headers and footers? Headers & Footers microsoft.com

Like this post
jackdouglas7

Likes # 0

Thats what I thought but it seems not.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That's very strange. Have you asked him to email the document back to you so you can see what the headers and footers show for you?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Track changes will keep data but hidden. This may have become open on the mac Remove hidden data

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Woolwell, I just read your link..... Good Grief :O

Prepare for Sharing as per 'dr yes' and Track Changes...is nothing simple anymore

Like this post
jackdouglas7

Likes # 0

All sorted now thanks. Found it in properties/details. Just deleated it and I think its sorted. Many thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen