We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

virgin media superhub problems help

shugmac777

Likes # 0

my superhub has very poor wireless rssi always is around -84 to -96 have had a new hub also had a powered booster added made no difference. i was hinking of turning it into a modem and adding a wireless router of my own can anyone say if the netgear rangemax WNR834B is compatible with the superhub.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

The WNR834B should be fine if used as a separate router with Virgin's Superhub as a Modem only.

I have their Superhub and its wireless signal is very poor compared with the D-Link router I used previously. If it wasn't for the fact that the Superhub has Gigabit ethernet ports, I would also use it as a Modem only and continue to use the D-Link as my router.

Like this post
shugmac777

Likes # 0

thanks for the reply i'll try that hopefully the fact that they are both netgear they will be ok apparently the superhub is netgear as well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED