We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.Temporarily disconnect Norton Internet

surfer47

Likes # 0

I am using Windows with Vista and Norton Internet. I also have Adobe Elements. I receive updates from time to time bu I can't install them, reason being Norton Internet. I am unable to find a way to disable Norton long enough to install updates. Does anyone know how I might accomplish this? Regards

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You should be able to right-click on the Norton icon on your task bar, bottom right, and there you will see the option to disable Anti-Virus auto protect. A window pops up and you enter for how long it should be disabled.

Like this post
geowestfall

Likes # 0

Disabling Norton

Open Norton Internet Security
Click on Norton Internet Security tab
Select Settings
Click Auto- Protect > Turn Off
Click Personal Firewall > Turn Off (to enable click on Turn On)

Disabling Norton 360

Start Norton 360.
In the Norton 360 main window, in the upper-right corner, click Tasks & Settings.
In the Tasks & Settings window, on the right, click Change Advanced Settings.
In the Advanced Settings window, click Virus & Spyware Protection Settings.
In the Automatic Protection Settings tab, uncheck Turn on Auto-Protect, and then click Apply.
Under "How long would you like to disable Auto-Protect for?" select Until I turn it back on, and then click OK.
Click Firewall Protection Settings.
Under Firewall, click Off.
Click Apply.
Under "How long should the firewall remain turned off?" select Until I turn back on, and then click OK.
Click Close
Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten