We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help! computer doesn't recognize video device

Cav1

Likes # 0

my computer all of a sudden doesn't recognize my video recorder, I have used it loads of times transferring video tapes onto DVDs and now it just says no device found, I have just bought Power director 10 and that wont do it either I used to use power director 4 but what ever programe I use it wont work. hope someone can help

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

What does Device Manager show? Is the capture device recognised? Does it have any warning symbols such as yellow triangles, question marks? Have you tried installing the drivers again?

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

Hi Chub_tor thanks for your reply I have looked at the device manager and found only an exclamation mark against multimedia control, I have checked all the others and everything seems to be okay, I am using Power director software to try and put a video tape onto a disc, that is playing up as I can't get it to recognise the device.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Click Here for a general explanation about exclamation marks in Device Manager. Most commonly they are caused by driver errors and can be fixed by updating the device driver. So Click Here for how to do that.

Like this post
Cav1

Likes # 0

Thanks Chub_tor, I fix it last night I went into device manager and click on the exclamation and the help wizard was there so I put my application and support-disc that came with my computer and it updated my drive and now my computer recognises my VHS player, my computer is a Medion 7 year old its brilliant wouldn't have any other. Thanks again this is a great forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added