We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anti virus software

amstrad

Likes # 0

How good is the free version of AVG, should I buy/ subscribe to paid software

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

The free version of AVG is very good. I have the free version on my laptop and the paid for version on my desktop and I am happy with both. If you would rather have the paid for version, you can get it for £6.95 from here.....

AVG AntiVirus 2013 [1-PC]

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I find that the Free Microsoft Security Essentials is excellent. I used to use AVG, but now prefer MSE.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I'm with Nontek and MSE on this one, been with AVG for years, very good, swift with a smallish footprint, after dumping Norton as it almost halted my then PC.

Like this post
Chazzyb17

Likes # 0

AVG is good, but I've moved onto avast now which has had no problems

Like this post
Chazzyb17

Likes # 0

AVG is good, but I've moved onto avast now which has had no problems

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

you can download free versions from filehippo dot com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...