We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

If finding PCA site slow,browser change needed.

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

using ie9 or firefox17, change to chrome browser it makes PCA load as fast as any other site. no idea why the other browsers are slow with PCA.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

A few problems over the weekend because of spammers.Firefox opens quick for me.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FF opens fine for me too.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

No problems here with FF.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Google Chrome works fine for me on this website, where IE does not.

If you have been following some of the postings over the past few weeks, it would appear that some people have problems with certain devices and browsers when others do not. In some cases, suggestions have been offered by people like Woolwell and Bremner et al.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

No trouble with FF or Chrome but I find IE is slow with every site.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

I normally run IE8 at home and at work, but sometimes have used Chrome at home. I find PCA not just slow but sometimes stopped. Also Ebay. At present having to type this message using the scroll bar to refresh the screen in order to see what I am typing. Heaven knows (or should that be Microsft) what's going on today.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

had chrome a week now very impressed.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

I have no doubt that some browsers will work better with PCAdvisor web site, but why should this be? I use IE8, and it's acceptably fast with all of the web sites I visit, including other forums, except for PCA.

Not everyone with a computer is tech-savvy enough to download and use another browser (or wants to use another browser) other than the one that their PC came with, which in 99.99% of cases must be IE.

So why can't PCA's web site be programmed so that it runs smoothly and quickly on IE, just like most other web sites do?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

stlucia2

I find Firefox and Chrome the most reliable on all the daily websites I use, IE is well down my list, especially on the PCA website, which as you seem to say doesn't work at all very well for some reason with IE?.

It would be nice to really know the answer to this?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer