We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help with subnetting questions!

claudia_lovez_u

Likes # 0

Help with subnetting questions!?

Can anyone helpp me with this review questions?

1. What is the dotted decimal format for the following subnet mask: /12

2. What is the slash format for the following subnet mask: 255.255.255.224

3. Given the following IP and subnet mask in slash format, what is the subnet mask in dotted decimal format, how many subnets are there, and how many hosts are there per subnet? IP: 134.39.47.225/20

4. Given the following IP and subnet mask in dotted decimal format, what is the subnet mask in slash format, how many subnets are there, and how many hosts are there per subnet? IP: 195.23.55.225 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.192

5. Given the following IP and subnet mask in slash format, what is the subnet mask in dotted decimal format, how many subnets are there, and how many hosts are there per subnet? IP: 115.68.126.65/13

6. Given the following IP and subnet mask in dotted decimal format, what is the subnet mask in slash format, how many subnets are there, and how many hosts are there per subnet? IP: 186.78.33.168 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.128

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

CCNA Exam?? ..... Do your own homework!

Like this post
claudia_lovez_u

Likes # 0

@Nontek this is not an exam they are review questions!!! i do my own homework im just posting this questions because I dont understand if your not goingto help stfu!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Nice one! I did not say it was an exam, that was a question!

I am afraid I know less than you do about subnetting matters.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I only know that subnetting can sink a fishing trawler if a Trident ship gets snagged in its nets.

An I.P. is what happens all night to this 70 yr old!!!

Where is Sunny Staines these days, not heard from him for ages.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

stfu

I object to your post at 8:39AM where you say "if your(sic) not goingto help stfu!"

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I am not sure to whom lotvic message was aimed, I am sorry to have upset anyone by injecting a little Christmas humour? into an intense, or should it be in stable discussion.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I object to your post at 8:39AM where you say "if your(sic) not goingto help stfu!""

So do I.

It's a poor disguise for an offensive message.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

Sorry to not have caught on by now but now I see that it was the original poster who put the offensive term in, I thought it was something I had said.

Whoever claudia lovez u is, maybe that's Uraguay? does not comprehend that this is a site for friends trying to help other friends, without demanding a high tech reply, sometimes you will get one and other times not, it is entirely voluntary and relies on goodwill from those with much expertise helping out old duffers like me, for which I am constantly grateful.

She could always answer one of those unsolicited calls who are always eager to help at a price!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...