We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Compatible Games Controllers

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have installed some PC games which are mostly flight simulator or car games.I have tried using my XBOX 360 controller but when I inserted the software it said it was incompatible with this version of windows (windows 7 )I also have a Logitek attack 3 joystick but nothing happens when it is connected and cannot seem to find my user manual.Can someone advise on either of these two items or suggest something suitable to use.Almost forgot I also a Saitek P2500 Rumble Force which I have not tried yet.

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

I suppose you're using a wired Xbox360 controller & 64 bit win7?

The software CD comes with the controller is for 32bit ,I think ,have you tried the 64bit driver from MicroSoft download site ? click here

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi retep888 Just followed your link and it says this version of software is already installed.I seem to remember downloding ome software.Another thing I plugged my Logitek joystick in as per instructions which say insert the USB connector then follow the on screen instructions but nothing happens any ideas

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

If the software was installed already then have you checked the in game setting & point it to use the controller instead of mouse & keyboard?

All the other USB game controllers should be plug & play, think you should check the in game settings as well.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi retep888 How do I check the in games settings as have neverdone that

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Look in options on the main page before you actually go into the game. You will see Video/Graphics,Audio settings and Control or keyboard settings. In the control settings you should see the option to use the Xbox controller.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Posted before I finished.

Anyway cannot be more specific as each game is different but the options menu will be one of the first you see usually before clicking on continue or play.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

HI Chronos the 2nd One of the games is Microsoft flight simulator X and the control options are XBOX 360,Mouse,Joystick or Keyboard have tried all of them and none seems to work.Is it possible the game is not compatible with Windows 7.I have several games and not sure if they work with windows 7.They are Test Drive unlimited,V-Rally 2 Expert Edition,Dirt 2 andIndyCar Series.How do I check if they are compatible with windows 7.I played these games when I had my desktop which ran XP but now not sure about windows 7

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I currently have 53 out of a possible 120 games installed on my PC running Windows 7 64BIt. Some of these games came long before Windows 7 did, Half Life, Alpha Prime,Aliens verses Predator Classic to name a few and all have worked fine except for the odd tweak.

So I would go ahead and install them and if they do not run in Windows 7 then you can run them in compatibility mode. To do that.

To do that you just right click the games .exe and go Properties. On there click on the compatibility tab and change it to Windows XP from the drop down menu.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos the 2nd you may think it silly but where do I find the games.exe I only have the one game installed at present which is the Micosoft flight simulator game.I downloaded the latest driver for the Saitek controller which is for windows 7 64 bit but it does not appear to control the game.Thanks for this advice

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The icon that you use to start the game is the one you want.

By the way I just remembered that I had an Xbox Controller,bought for Dead Space 1,have not used it since,cannot get the hang of the thumbstick controls. Anyway it installed without any bother.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made