We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Share a printer with a PC, laptop and D-link NAS device

hilco3

Likes # 0

I have just installed a Dlink Share Centre and wish to share my printer over the network with my desktop and laptop however the NAS only supports basic printing not scanning or copying. Is there a method of connecting the printer (Epson DX8400) to the PC and NAS? I have tried a USB splitter cable but this did not work. Do I need a USB switch or is there a work around as I don't want to keep changing the USB plug from the PC to the NAS? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is this what you have?

Like this post
hilco3

Likes # 0

Hi cronos the 2nd Yes that is the one I have and the manual states that it only supports basic printing which is a bit of a dissapointment as this was not mentioned in the details of the device.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I had a look at the manual and found it a tad complicated. But I understand what you mean there is very little on the printing side of things. Can you not do this wirelessly? Both my printers mono laser and Epson can be accessed from any and all my PC's without any problems.

Like this post
hilco3

Likes # 0

No it is not a wireless printer and I have loads of cartridges for it so don't,t want to get a new one yet. Anyway wife just let me buy a Nexus 7 for Christmas' so that is something else to print from via the nas.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014