We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trouble updating to Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Phil Ocifer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I got a Nexus 7 32GB last month - I've now had at least 3 notifications and failed attempts at updating Jelly Bean from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and wondered if anyone else has the same or knows of any reason why it fails?

Perhaps it's down to a certain program installed?

Any hints and tips or good Android or Nexus 7 website links appreciated.

Thanks Phil

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

You might do better in the mobile forum.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Have you tried through Samsung Kies?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Does Kies work with a Nexus?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Phil Ocifer

Is PCA playing up?

Have posted a reply twice and both haven't appeared.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

That did!!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I noticed last night that they were under spam attack again.

They may have gone into super-protective mode.

Like this post

Likes # 0

There was a link in it so you might be right.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Phil Ocifer

What I said was ( without links):

Got my Nexus 2 weeks ago and it has updated OK.

Very pleased with it.

Android Central Forums have one for the Nexus.

I can recommend the Boat Browser free from the store. Very user friendly and easy to add bookmarks.

Dice Player ( from store) will play almost all video formats without having to convert them first

to mp4.

Also got a case and stylus for it under £5 from ebay.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Hmmm . . to the respondent with no name :) I guess it may be muddypaws but it only shows an envelope here :)

I have just been to HMV and their display model is on 4.1.2. I don't see much point asking the staff as it's all virtually automatic.

Thanks for the note about the forum - I've just taken a quick look and guess I may be there for some hours :)

morddwyd - I think you refer to the "Mobile Phones" forum - well the Nexus 7 is not a phone - although I guess it's like a mobile phone just without the simcard. Shame there isn't a smartphone or tablet forum (yet)!! And seeing as there isn't a laptop or desktop forum I guess all the tech issues can go into Technical.

Anyhow, update not resolved yet so I'll keep looking. Cheers

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......