We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WinASO Registry Optimizer v4.8.0 - new update

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

for those that use this handy free program updated recently

New Feature - A new function called WinASO Security Update has been added. It can help you locate and fix system vulnerabilities and improve your system's security.

http://www.winaso.com/

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the new security section not so good. i ran the scan on w7 it came up 4 security updates with a choice of click a repair option or the ms links to each update.

i waited and ran ms updates which came up all ok, so clicked each link one at a time on the 4 suggested updates all came back not needed for my computer.

rest of the program runs well as it always has.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, sunnystaines. All of my computers are XP, but my sister has W7 on her newish laptop,(that has just went 'belly-up' again) so will try the new update with caution.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Installed the new update [Winaso 4.80] ... the security update feature has found 125 'vulnerabilities' on my already up-to-date XP system. I'll let it run it's course ... but on dial-up connection, it could take a few hours.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more