We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iMac Mail Page has changed

Shikaree

Likes # 0

Hi Gurus,

My iMac Mail Page has suddenly changed to a full Screen Page. I can't remember what I Clicked by mistake when opening my mail. I have Snow Leopard 10.6 & Mac Mail Version 4.6 (1085).

I can't get it back to the normal - Top of Page was FROM & Subject. Bottom of Page was the Body of the e-mail.

Please HELP!

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

I'm not sure what it is that you're looking at in "full screen" because I can't emulate the problem. However, I'm using Mail version 6.2 in Mountain Lion and I suspect the program's appearance has changed. Generally, by moving the mouse to the very top right of the screen there is a double-headed arrow which, when clicked, brings you out of the full screen mode.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Top right there is a small grey box with two diagonal arrows - click those it toogles between a window and full screen.

Like this post
Shikaree

Likes # 0

Hi mgmcc,

On my iMac Mail This Page has <…> I have clicked on it many times earlier. This is what I get: No PPPoE configurations were found ( Not Highlighted). And… Open Network preferences - Highlighted - to Click - I think that's to do with the Ethernet connection.

My Full page has nothing on top Like Delete, etc. So to Delete or choose any other action I have to Click Edit and choose what I want.

On the Left hand side I have the Usual Inbox - but now I have an Icon also like a Filing Box. Before I only had INBOX and others as usual.. Sent - Thrash - On My Mac - my e-mail address, RSS, RSS Apple. So it has changed a bit.

The whole page on top has only FROM - Subject - Date Received - an Time received.

Thanks for your prompt reply

Like this post
Shikaree

Likes # 0

Hi mgmcc & bremner,

I have got the BAR at the top back with all that I mentioned it did not have. I Clicked the Little White Oval shaped Box Top Right. But I still have a FULL Screen Page. Usually The E-mail has to the Subject line and the body Contents of the e-mail below. INBOX and others as usual.. Sent - Thrash - On My Mac - my e-mail address, RSS, RSS Apple.

Now to get back to the old system I had.I have done all that I can see but to no avail.

Thanks

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Put the mouse cursor in the top right corner of the screen and the menu bar will appear. Then in the top right corner click on the small blue box with two diagonal arrows to exit full screen

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made