We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problem page "Add/Remove programs" is cut off on right side

telkell

Likes # 0

When I want to remove a program the Add/Remove program page has started to appear with everything beyond "size" on the right missing --- so how do I get it back? I can't remove anything now! Help!

telkell

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Does pressing the restore down button next to the red X help

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Does this only happen on the Add/Remove program page or elsewhere as well.

If you use C Cleaner you can remove programs from that.I take it you are using XP so not sure if you can press Ctrl button down and turn the scroll wheel on the mouse to make it larger or smaller or whether you can use the Zoom button to do the same.

Using W/8 here and it does not work with that.

If it does that on all pages it would be your resolution that needs changing.

Like this post
telkell

Likes # 0

I have tried to reply earlier,but did not get through. Iam rusty with this and it is a long time since my last. I am on XP, on laptop -no mouse--I see no red X--It only happens on the Add/Remove page. telkel

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The uninstall program window should behave like any other window. If you restore down then you should be able to grab the side and drag outwards or inwards.

Like this post
telkell

Likes # 0

I am a bit slow here. How do I "restore down" / telkel

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Top right of the window you should have 3 symbols. The middle one is restore down or maximise. If these and the red cross for close are missing then it is possible that the window has been moved to far to the right and are off the screen in which case you will need to drag the window back by left clicking and holding at the top of the window and drag.

Like this post
telkell

Likes # 0

Sorry! I have been misleading you. I went to my PC to compare. I found that it opened the same way, but when I clicked on any program the Add/Remove option appeared on the right in the blue box which highlighted the program, but on my laptop the Add/Remove option was appearing in some but not all programs, Which I only dicovered by widening my search, I still cant get rid of one or two annoying things that set themselves up behind my back . Thanks for trying to help. telkell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad