We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

facebook how do I remove myself

gfergie

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me how to remove myself from facebook?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
LanceAlot

Likes # 0

I disabled my account yesterday and it's a long protracted drawn out process, with at least five stages.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

The best thing to do with these kind of sites is NOT to remove yourself , but to just change all your details , eg < date of birth email address phone No . If you delete , it stays hanging around for about 3 months , but changes are done straight away !

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Some more info here with tips of what to do before deletion. I think you need to be logged in to Farcebook before clicking the delete tab.

http://deletefacebook.com/

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

I agree with nickf. I remove myself from unwanted sites by putting rubbish in my profile i.e qwert@asdfg.net as an address

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I don't know how these media software works but if you only put gobbledegook in your account then traceability would still be there to your original information I would think. By all means input rubbish but also delete your account.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I have a trash email I dont use , and an alias , so they have data to use , just nobody home! Lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer