We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Talk Talk Homepage Slow Loading

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

My Talk Talk Homepage is taking an age to load....occasionally times out...anyone similar?

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

Same for me, Wirral area, using Chrome, won't even load although e-mails are coming through ok on OE. ...alB

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Sounds like them once again!! Just recovered from another email problem...I've lost count of how many times that's happened, literally dozens. Something goes wrong with TT, somewhere, every day...frigging disgraceful!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Can Get Home Page ok, but cannot get to my account page

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Turned Java Script of and Got this what I have Copied Pasted for you

Login message Scheduled maintenance:

My Account will be unavailable between OUTAGESTART and OUTAGEEND due to technical upgrade. Thankyou for your understanding.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its back to normal today, but what do you call normal with TT?.

If you change to another ISP, you will no doubt have similar problems from time to time. Perhaps better the devil you know, than the devil you don't?.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Historically spuds,this TT devil must be Beelzebub plus all his little demon helpers. I've been with them for some years and Tiscali...before we were all forced to migrate, for a couple of years before that. Sparing you the grisly details, but it's been one consistent, regular, never ending series of glitches, outtages and prime cock-ups. And the really infuriating thing is that many of these problems...and of these the email disconnections are the worst, keep repeating themselves seemingly endlessly! Even though it's happened a multitude of times before,did they learn, fix and solve? NEGATIVE, because a short time after said outtage, it happens again...same problem as before, but they treat it as if it's the first and only time. fix that one, short while later and it's back and it goes on and on and flipping on. Spuds, I'm no expert on the dark arts, but as devils go, they can't be much worse than this shower!Any exorcists out there?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try another ISP and use webmail, not the ISP's own mail, and use a client. It won't matter then how often you change ISP's when it comes to your email accounts.

http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_email.htm

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Hello rdave, sadly I'm tied in to another year of a renewed 18 month contract. They offered me a wireless router if I renewed, and my old modem was playing up. However thank god for Gmail...never lets me down, unlike too many other organisations on this planet. I'll end by quoting a short passage from a recently published money section of a national newspaper..."For the third year running Talk Talk are in line for the rotten service wooden spoon award. They are more interested in acquiring new customers than looking after the ones they already have"

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

So you'll have to wait another 18 months. In the mean time use more of your Gmail and other web mail accounts and start notifying your contacts that you're changing from TT email to Gmail or other webmail. You've enough time to do it. Once you've notified all your contacts then you won't need to use the homepage as often, if at all. AOL hasn't changed then.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

why not register with aol mail its free to get a e.mail address though i am with talktalk i use aol mail, have been for years and never seem to have any problems other than i had to change my password as it got stolen and was being used to spam

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014