We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LCD monitor not displaying

naiveboy

Likes # 0

This morning when i turned on my old desktop computer, my acer LCD monitor was displayed nothing. The only thing i can see is the light on the bottom of the LCD keep flashing. Normally, last time when i pushed the power button i can see the acer logo appeared on the LCD screen but now no more acer logo appear, it just no response. My pc can POST with a single beep sound and i can heard the melody when my computer enter windows. what happen to my computer?

Thanks

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Your pc is probably fine

could be a connection cable or monitor problem

make sure cable isn't loose

try connecting cable to a flat screen TV to use as a monitor this will tell you if your monitor is bad.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If it your normal single short beep then your P.O.S,T appears okay and looks like the problem is with your monitor. The easiest way to find out if you have a monitor failure would be to try another one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad