We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tabs not working in FF

Conny
Resolved

Likes # 0

Running windows 7 and using Mozilla FF as browser. Until recently could manually open a new tab to open another site but since trying to speed up boot time by unclicking what I thought were unnecessary programs at start up I can't open them. If I click on a link in a news item or something then it opens in a new tab. Have done a system restore and it worked until I next tried to log onto the net. I noticed dialogue box from Mozilla stating it was initialising up dates and now I can't manually open a new tab.

Like this post
Conny

Likes # 0

Hi Dr Yes, I usually just click on the plus sign to open a new tab and the cross to close one. Have tried in safe mode and it works but when I load up normal way it doesn't. Have just checked and my version is 17.0.1 if that is any help. Would going back to the previous edition do any good do you think, and if so, how do I do that? Sorry, but not very techno savvy so will need plain language. Thanks for your reply.

Like this post
Conny

Likes # 0

Tried the Crtl+T but still nothing. Have just registered for that support site and will post on there. Thanks for your advice. Will post back if I can get it sorted.

Like this post
Conny

Likes # 0

Ok, all sorted. Turned out to be an extension,

Ask Foto Sketcher Toolbar 3.15.1.100013

Disabled it along with all the others and each time I loaded this one the Tabs failed. Have removed it completely and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for your help Dr Yes.

Like this post
Conny

Likes # 0

Where do I find the green tick to say this has been resolved please?

Like this post  
Conny

Likes # 0

Doh! Staring me in the face. Sorry.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...