We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

when changing Web Browser what happens to the email

premier man
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi my sister-in-law is having problems with her IE Web Browser ...if I change to another Web Browser....what happens to the Emails?.....do they go with the new Browser.....also which is the best Browser to go for?.....

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Nothing happens to the emails. You login to the site as normal using a different browser.

"Best browser to go for" depends on whether she wishes to customise the look, add toolbars, etc. Chrome is fast and good but doesn't permit toolbars.

Like this post  
wbae

Likes # 0

If she is using Webmail i.e. Google or Yahoo etc. they will be available on any browser.

I use Google Chrome, it is fast and efficient, and easy to use specially with the Quick Dial extension.

wbae

Like this post
premier man

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your quick responses Woolwell & wbae.....she is an elderly lady and uses her PC mainly for emailing and games.....will I need to remove IE or not?...she is with Sky at the moment......it seems as if Google Chrome is the one to go for.....she is on Windows 7!!! Thanks

Like this post
wbae

Likes # 0

No you can leave IE there, may be best to make the new Browser the DEFAULT one, otherwise clicking on links may open up IE instead of your new Browser.

IE can still be useful on certain websites, e.g. form filling ones will sometimes only work on IE.

wbae

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"it seems as if Google Chrome is the one to go for..."

I agree - it's bar far the best browser in my opinion. Make sure that you check the settings when you have downloaded and installed Chrome,you want to ensure that it doesn't remember passwords. It's a bad idea to allow a browser to fill in forms for you - always do it manually.

Like this post
premier man

Likes # 0

Thank you....that answers my questions.. regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'