We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Using an e-reader stylus

fuggle

Likes # 0

I am looking for an e-reader. I am not interested in lots of features. I simply want to read books and look up words in the dictionary. Having played with some I find highlighting a word difficult (stubby fingers) and would welcome advice on the use of a stylus. Sony PRS-T2 comes with one but I am comparing that with the Kindle Paperwhite (which doesn't). I believe the two screens operate differently and may affect the use of a stylus. Sony has infra red sensors and the Kindle capacitive touch. Any advice welcomed.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There is one here cheap enough or more expensive one on same page enter link description here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You don't have to use a touch screen one.

how about a cheap kindle here uses the buttons to highlight a word.

Like this post
fuggle

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat.. I have used the cheap Kindle but prefer to pin point a word quickly with a stylus than to navigate with the cursor.

And thanks Northumbria 61. I am checking out the capacitive stylus.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

THE Wacom stylus here duo stylus is also a biro and the tip is smaller than most. It is a bit expensive but works well with kindle touch, my Samsung phone and even my Samsung 10.1 tablet that has the 'special' S pen.

All round good tool.

I have stubby fingers also but can generally navigate the kindle touch OK.

Just discovered the Touch does not need a special pen, it works with the plastic end of a biro ( got a protective screen on it). So maybe a touch and Biro is all you need!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

v1asco - your link takes me to Coast Party clothing!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The link from northumbria61 is generally what I use except I tend to get the packs as they do where out. Here.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

where = wear.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

duo stylus I hope

northumbria61

Hope the above works!

Now going to check out Coast Party clothing, never heard of them!!!

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

checked clothing out, not really my style, I'm over 60 and male.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Coast Party clothing might be giving away a free stylus with your first order OR You could always do fancy dress for Christmas !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days