We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Photoshop Album - Starter Edition

Angry Kid

Likes # 0

All,

I wonder if you could help with suggestions of recommended free software.

My wife has used the Adobe software for a number of years and enjoyed it. However, she is curious as to what else will have taken its place over the years.

Thanks for your help.

Angry ;-)

Like this post
torver

Likes # 0

Hi Angry, It all depends on what you want to do. The Gimp for windows is almost as good as the full setup of photoshop but is a bit idiosyncratic. Picasa from google will do the basics or there is Serif PhotoPlus Starter Edition 3 which is free although you have to register with an email (not a problem for me as I have an email address which I use purely for sites asking for an email which could be used for sending spam, then every month I clear it all out) and the options that are not available with this free version introduce a pop up box exhorting you to upgrade to the paid version but it gets good reviews Regards

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Photoshop Album was essentially and image organizer, albeit with basic editing thrown in. If you want an freeware editor then paint.net is one of the best. [Paint.net][1]

However if you want an editor + Organnizer for free then Picasa is probably the one to use. [Picasa][1]

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Sorry the links are missing

Picasa

Paint.net

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten