We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nero 11 and burnt image files

redbarron
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows 7 home Premium OS. Software - Nero 11 Platinum

What happens to the burnt image files once the burning to disc process is completed. Are they stored in a folder somewhere, or are they automatically deleted.

The reason I ask is, I made an image file of some software and burnt is to disc. But when I opened the disc I found it had been burn with a different image file.

This is why I want to find any old image files and delete them.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try searching for .NRG files - they are usually stored in a TEMP folder.

I don't use Nero but - In Nero, new selection, select DVD copy, first tab (labelled 'Image') shows location of temp NRG file (and its name)...directly underneath that is a box, "Delete image file after disc copy".

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info northumbria61

I found out exactly the area you are talking about, and the delete after burning box is already checked. But that is in Burning Rom. I used Nero Express. Whether it is all interlinked I don't know.

I had copied an image to the computer but did not burn it, so I assume it is still on the system somewhere. I uspect it's the 532mb file I mention below.

I did locate the NRG file which is 532mb in size. I tried opening it but it needs some different software to open. If I delete the file all that happens is my DVD disc isn't recognised when trying to copy an image to it. So I suspect it is part of the Nero software. Fortuntely I had'nt got rid of it completely and managed to 'restore' it.

Still, I would like to find that old image file and get rid of it if possible.

Any help appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you tried looking in C:\Documents and Settings[username]\Local Settings\Temp

By default, the image file will be named TempImage.nrg.

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

The TempImage.nrg file is in My Documents among my Word files, size 532mb.

C:\Users[name]\Documents\TempImage.nrg

Like this post
redbarron

Likes # 0

Hi northumbria61

In the end I deleted the nrg file to the recycle bin, but didn't delete it completely, just in case.

I carried out another copy/image burn with success.

Don't ask me what I had done previously to mess it all up, but it's all sorted now.

Thank you for your help.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow