We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Downgrade Rights Advice

KW2K

Likes # 0

Hi ! I have bought a new Laptop and it has Windows 8 installed. Does anyone know if it can be downgraded to Windows 7 ? I do not like Win 8!!

Any advice much appreciated !

Regards !

Like this post
KW2K

Likes # 0

Hi dr yes, That article made interesting reading..! I have a Win 7 Disc(Not Upgrade)which I will try and see if it installs or not, that's after creating a System restore disc for Win 8 first :-)

Regards.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Instead of going back to W/7 you can download this.It puts the start menu and all programs on to W/8

Not as good as the old version of Start menu and all programs and shut down but a lot easier if you can't get on with the W/8 set up.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I strongly urge you to give Windows 8 some time before considering a downgrade.

Once you get used to the tiled interface it's not that much different from Windows 7, but it's considerably faster. You can use the familiar desktop view with one click of the mouse, and the shut-down procedure is easy, once you get into the habit. Overall I much prefer Windows 8.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback