We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

seasonal madness visa verification stalling the computer

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Having placed an order with an E retailer,the trnasaction compltered and card accepted the next move is/was to the Visa acceptance screen. There it has stuck with frantic re attemps to connect to that server flashing away at base of screen. So dare I move away? Will that order fail if i do? The machine has been in this state for an hour.

By the way this is being sent on another machine-just in case you are wondering

J

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You say that the transaction was completed, but have you received a confirmation email?.

Because if you have, the deal as gone through. If you haven't, then you might need to contact the retailer and/or Visa.

'Do not' start clicking away, because you may find that you are ordering extra items that you do not want. Just close the order or verification page down, that should stop whatever the fault is.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

thank you Spuds

Rebooted the pages still there

The boot up came back to that page with a green banner saying 'System failure unable to complete your request contact your CSR

Waht is a CSR?

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Llogged onto seller and the original order was still up.

reentered the card and all went through- just like that.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

What is CSR?

It stands for Corporate Social Responsibility, and relates to the issues raised in issuing credit cards. Card companies have a CSR department that deals with these matters, so presumably you were being asked to contact the card company.

An example:

CSR Department

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you are using a debit card or even a credit card, just log into those accounts if you can, and check to see if it as gone through to those accounts, and what is stated in new transactions (credit) or balance (debit). The reason I mention this, is because a few weeks ago, I had a similar problem, and two payments were taken out of my account. It took five days to get the overpayment returned.

With regards to CSR, I can only think of Corporate Social Responsibility, and after a Google search came up with this http://www.mallenbaker.net/csr/defination.php

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft's all or nothing bet on Windows Phone is the best way forward

IDG UK Sites

Google adds better type rendering to its Chrome browser on Windows