We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost addons

1st spring
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have disabled my addons in Internet Explorer by mistake. Now I don't think it is working correctly I would like to put them back. I have tried to back date the PC but I cannot do this it not go back. I am using XP Pro. I have tried to put it back but when PC tells me what I should see to click on it is not there.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Raveo I cannot see reset internet explorer settings.

Loveic Where do I find these things to click on? I have delted the desktop IE icon

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

How to reset IE 8, click here.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I deleted the desktop icon as suggested, realised I could still work with IE through All Programmes. I made a new IE desktop icon. When I click on this new icon everything is AOK When I restore the old icon I am back to add ons disabled. Do you think if I use the new icon and delete the old one every thing will be alright and the add ons are all correct. Some one tried to help me the other week and deleted some of my add ons but still couldn't sort out the problem. By doing what has been suggested and deleting the IE desktop icon and making a new one I am not getting the message saying add ons are disabled. Do you think this problem as been solved

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I can now use UTube I am not getting the message up saying my add ons are disabled I can now see spell checker under Tools, which had disappeared. I think I must have had a corrupt desk top icon. If you agree or disagree please say so. Thank you every one for your help I am so pleased.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I would like to give you all a tick but I guess I will have to make it X

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

1st spring Hopefully you have got it back to how you want it now, so that's good. Yes I think it must have been a corrupt desktop icon. Lots of others have had the same problem.

Note to whoever (rdave13? name's not showing) Posted Yesterday at 1:02PM advising me to 'look at Profile' Yes, did that a while back. Some that come for advice need careful responses to make advice/instructions clear to follow to get out of a muddle.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , no idea who posted the profile comment. Your suggestion was spot on.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, my apologies, I should have known better as comment out of character. I thought it was either you or SillBill maybe (and also was an unnecessary comment). Think I'd best let it rest before turns into saga with others.

My suggestion for fixing prob was more of a 'worth a try' than anything else :)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , no apology needed. Just had a thought, what if someone used the IE (no add-ons), in all programs and used that to create a short cut icon replacing the original?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, we shall never know quite what happened. At least it seems to be fixed now :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...