We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost addons

1st spring
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have disabled my addons in Internet Explorer by mistake. Now I don't think it is working correctly I would like to put them back. I have tried to back date the PC but I cannot do this it not go back. I am using XP Pro. I have tried to put it back but when PC tells me what I should see to click on it is not there.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons

All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly. To continue to your home page, click the Home button. To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it again. Check for the latest Windows updates.

How do browser add-ons affect my browsing experience?

This is what I get when I log onto the internet. I have to click on the house to get my home page MSN. I cannot download adobe it did work once. I cannot backdate to the month before I cannot use Utube. I think it all to do with my adones. I do not know what to do about Active X. I have also lost my spell checker for this site. My friend looked at it for me but is foxed,

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Try Firefox or Chrome or even Maxthon.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Run malwarebytes, scroll down a bit for the free download and when installing untick the box for the pro trial. Update, very important, then with IE closed run a full scan.

Open IE 8 again and go to tools, internet options, advanced tab, and reset internet explorer settings and start again.

If you right click on the top toolbars, select 'command bar', that's the best way for the 'tool' icon. I think you have a virus/Trojan.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976915 and

To resolve this issue automatically, first

delete the current Internet Explorer desktop icon. To do this, right-click the existing Internet Explorer desktop icon, and then click Delete.

Then, click the following 'Fix this problem' link and in the File Download dialog box, click Run.

Follow the steps in the Show Internet Explorer Desktop Icon Wizard to create an Internet Explorer icon on your desktop.

You click on the 'Fix it' button with the pic of the man in blue with the spanner in his hand to download the file, and then choose run when the box comes up.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , do you think it's a corrupted desktop icon?

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, worth a try, must have happened before to others, hence microsoft kb fix

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Yup, worth a try as you say.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

Because I do not know how to use Firfox. I do have it on my PC but I feel more at ease with IE. I still have not got my add ons help please

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

14 Jan DRay13 I will do what you surgest I do have Malware but I will go through all what you have said. Thank you

Like this post

Likes # 0

lotvic

Have a look at Profile!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites