We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost addons

1st spring
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have disabled my addons in Internet Explorer by mistake. Now I don't think it is working correctly I would like to put them back. I have tried to back date the PC but I cannot do this it not go back. I am using XP Pro. I have tried to put it back but when PC tells me what I should see to click on it is not there.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

System Restore, you need to click on a date that is in extra Bold type. On the calendar go back to November and see if there are any dates there that are extra Bold.

IE Add-ons: Tools | Manage Add-ons | click on the Name of add-on in the list and it's details appear underneath and at the bottom left there is a button to click to 'Enable' or 'Disable'

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

sorry, that should read bottom right there is a button to click to 'Enable' or 'Disable'

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

All depends what security programs you have.Try the system restore in safe mode if it does not work in normal mode.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I know how to do a restore but system not let me go back past todays date. As for the add-ons I do not know what I should have/need/ I have lost my cog wheel. Someone told me to click on this. When I look on how to get the add ons back PC is telling me what to click on but the info is not there for me to click on i.e I click on the info bar that tells me to click on something else but that part is not there so I cannot get any further.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you have been doing system clean ups you may have deleted all the restore points.

What is the 'cog wheel' ? I have IE 8 and do not have a cog wheel. Do you mean the cog wheel on Google search page?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

dr yes, thanks, I had mine set to Text labels so didn't see it.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I still haven't got it sorted. I have been clicking on Tools and extentions, disabling them all, then enabling what was enabled before. I lost Google and only had Bing. Once I couldn't get on the web at all. I have been resetting in advance and also going back to dephalts. I put google back on and when I clicked on Tools Manage addons only goole was showing and my Javas had all gone then when I restarted the PC my Java was back and Google had gone. My friend who knows a little about PC couldn't fix the problem. I do not know what I am doing, now I have lost my spell checker and they are enabled. going from bad to worse.

Like this post
1st spring

Likes # 0

I cannot get Youtube to work I cannot get MSN home page to come on when I first log on, cannot download Adobe. and I cannot get the addons to come back. I am waiting for a friend to take control of my PC and fix it for me but I would sooner fix it myself if I can but with all these probs.It has only gone wrong since the addons went. Now I cannot see my spell check under tools.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Why not download Firefox and use that instead of Internet Explorer?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Click on tools.Manage add ons.Click on which add ons you want to enable.And the enable button should appear on the bottom right next to close.And just click on it to enable them one at a time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers