We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 wont let camera to connect to ZoomBrowser

MuDelta
Resolved

Likes # 0

My Canon EOS 350 won’t to connect to this. Initially, the camera would not connect to anything but thanks to a Windows forum, I found that by changing the Communication setting on the camera from PC connection (which worked perfectly on XP) to Print/PTP I was able to download all my pics. to Windows Live Photo Gallery. (PTP stands for print to printer - is that intuitive or what?) So, at least I can live again! But, what’s up with ZP? After consulting the Canon website, I downloaded and installed the version of ZB for W7 but the computer still would not recognise the existence of the camera! I have tried all 4 of my free USB ports with no success (as suggested elsewhere on the Windows forum). I like and have got used to ZB and want to continue to use it.

Any advice?

D

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Why bother with connecting by usb? Take out the memory card and put it in a card reader.

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

dr yes 64 bit W7

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

what do you use Zoombrowser for? Also have you checked whether the EOS Utility sees your camera?

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Should have mentioned my 7D connects to both Zoombrowser and EOS Utility using Windows 7 64 bit

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Are you using the latest version of Zoombrowser. Version EX 6.7.2 is latest for the 350D, but have just check my version which is v 6.9.0.1

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

hssutton

Yes, I was using the latest version for 350 but I have just run 6.9.0.1 with still no result!

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

Unless something else turns up I am abandoning hope on this. Windows Live Photo Gallery will have to do though it downloads the entire content of the memory card every time and is therefore rather tedious!

Unresolved!!

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Not quite the answer you require, but have you tried The EOS Utility? Open the EOS utility switch on camera, select download. You can configure EOS Utility to transfer images direct to Zoombrowser.

As an alternative place the flash card in to a cardreader, open Zoombrowser and download direct.

Like this post
MuDelta

Likes # 0

The ink was hardly dry on my last post when I discovered here http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/Win7-D-SLR_tcm14-764088.pdf that downloads from 350D to PC using the EOS Utility are not supported by W7 and only downloads to "standard function of OS" work for the 32 bit version so I'm lucky that the "print/PTP" setting on the camera works for Photo Gallery. Moral:- Have an up to date camera. Built in obsolescence!

Thanks all for your contributions. Question answered if not problem solved!

Like this post  
hssutton

Likes # 0

My apologies. I should have realized what the problem was, but not using Canon software I'd forgotten. Yes it annoyed me and many others also.

As you have already found out only the later cameras will work on Canons 64 bit software. However using a card reader will overcome your problem.

As for your comment "Have an up to date camera." Actually in the DSLR world you have an antique :) Even my old 30D a later model and twice the cost of the 350D will not work with Canons 64 bit software. Not that I'm really bothered as I only used the EOS Utility for tethered shooting. As I said earlier put your compactflash into a card reader and your Canon software will work Ok.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more