We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What method shall I use for adding properties to image files

Trenny
Resolved

Likes # 0

I want to add 'properties' to some large folders of photos of ancestors. I am trying to label the image with a meaningful name, but want to add more in the properties option. If I right-click and select 'properties'I can add their BMD dates and other details, and the title shows when I hover over the icon. Only the title shows if I open the image in windows photo gallery. Or I could use window picture gallery or m/s Picture gallery. I want the properties of each image to stay with the image when i transfer to an upgraded laptop from Vista. Any suggestions appreciated. I could use Adobe PS Elements or another program, but I suspect that one may might need the program to get to the properties. ALSO, I seem to have lost the view where the properties appear at the bottom of the screen. How do I get it back?

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

Yes, it storage in the meta data that I need. I wasn't sure how to explain myself. The post has been compressed, so doesn't read atall well. Many thanks. I'll look into this. Perhaps Irfanview or PSE would put the data in the metadata part, also.

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

How can I tell if the info. is in the metafile?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features