We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Install Windows 8 and now Virgin Broadband don't work.

nemrutdagi

Likes # 0

Hi. I installed w8 2 hours ago. I just hate they messed with evething but that is not the problem. Aftyer that I haven't beeb able to connect to Virgin broadband. I have to use a donle because my pc has not a wireless adapter. After installation it looks the dongle don't work because not lights come out of it (always b4 there was a light). I talk to someone on the phone but couldn't resolve the problem. They are just going to send a new one. At the moment I'm using 3 mobile wich I cancelled in favour of Virgin wich is not really so good. The is up to 60 Mb but it never goes over 10 MB. Anyone has any idea what happens. Is it just the dongle?. Thanks.

Like this post
nemrutdagi

Likes # 0

Not luck with an answer but after4 hours of trying now I'm able to connect. The dongle is NETGEAR WNDA3200 but it looks this cia is interested in selling but not support. I went to their website and they don't have even included this dongle in their stock. I didn't see any support for downloading drivers. I found in the web a lot of complaints about this dongle not working properly and Virgin is not helping much as well. I let windows to get the driver update automatically and couldn't find any. Finally thx Device Manager and browsing in the PC I locate the driver and now is working. Also I was trying to watch my photos and W8 is messing with everything. I have to buy a book to start learning Windows from scratch.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......